Extracts from reports on research activities undertaken by the UNSW Mining Research Centre are available for public review. The reports have been grouped into the following categories. To obtain a full copy of any report, please contact the School - contact details.
To read the documents you will need Acrobat Reader. Follow the link if you want the latest version of Acrobat Reader.
- Environmental Management
- Fowler JCW. The displacement of methane from the goaf into the working place as a result of wind blasts in underground coal mines.
- Fowler JCW and Sharma P. Reducing the hazard of windblast in underground coal mines - final report.
- Galvin J, Offner C, Whittaker, Fabjanczyk M and Watson J. Anchorage and Failure Mechanics of Fully Encapsulated Rock Bolts - End of Grant Summary Report. ACARP Project C7018
- Hagan PC and Mahony, 2006. Mechanical behaviour of reinforced elements subjected to shear - Executive Summary. ACARP Project C12010. (460 kb)
- Hagan PC and Weckert S, 2004. Anchorage and failure mechanisms of fully encapsulated rockbolts - Stage 2. End of Grant Report - Executive Summary. ACARP Project C10022. View in PDF format (231 kb)
- Hebblewhite B, Galvin J and Broome. Underground coal mining global experiences experiences - lessons for survival. Proc. 2nd Underground Coal Conference. UNSW: Sydney.
- Hebblewhite B and Rowlands. Underground Thick Seam Mining: Old Problems, New Technologies. ACARP Project C6038
- Hebblewhite B. Preliminary geotechnical review of Capcoal 400's Area for LCBM1 trials. Confidential report.
- Hebblewhite B and Cai Y. Stability analysis for a grouted mullock pillar system. Confidential report.
- Hebblewhite B. Managing Production Contunuity. Proc. 3rd Intern. Underground Coal Conference. UNSW: Sydney.
- Laurence DC Chalmers DR, Galvin JM and Stothard PM. High Tensile Strength Support and Ventilation Membrane. ACARP Project C8007.
- Offner C Galvin J and Bee. Improving Safety and Performance of Timber Chock Construction. ACARP Porject C6034
- Singh SK and Hebblewhite B. Caving Mechanics Around Longwall Panels Under Massive Strata and Their Impact on Mining Conditions. ARC-SPIRT Project C890505421. Confidential report.
- Singh SK and Hebblewhite B. South Bulga Colliery. ARC. Confidential report.
- Watson JO and Beer G. Utilising fly ash paste backfill at Awaba Colliery – Elastoplastic analysis of pillar stability. ACARP Project C7033.
Mining Systems & Processes