The Faculty of Engineering at UNSW is Australia’s leading and largest engineering faculty, which are just two good reasons to study Engineering at UNSW. Below you’ll find a few more.
AN EXCELLENT REPUTATION
The Faculty of Engineering and UNSW consistently achieve high scores in international and national rankings.
- The UK’s Times Higher Education Supplement (THES) World University Rankings positioned Engineering at UNSW as number one in the country in 2007 and 2008, and number two in 2009. It ranked UNSW 47th in the world.
- The Melbourne Institute of Advanced Studies ranked UNSW Faculty of Engineering 1st in Australia.
- UNSW scored highly in the 2010 Good Universities Guide rankings, being awarded the maximum five-star rating for seven key performance indicators: including research grants, research intensivity, student-staff ratio, staff qualifications, cultural diversity, graduate starting salary and positive graduate outcomes.
- The Faculty of Engineering at UNSW is recognised worldwide for its outstanding pure and applied research performance.
After 60 years of sustained excellence in teaching and learning, the Faculty of Engineering at UNSW continues to be a pioneer in engineering education.
- Engineering and Computing at UNSW were awarded a top ranking for teaching excellence and teaching improvement by the Federal Government's Learning and Teaching Performance Fund in 2009.
- UNSW Engineering keeps extensive and close links with key industrial, commercial and professional organisations.
- All programs incorporate a strong emphasis on design and problem solving.
- Students benefit from first-hand practical experience by participating in exciting and innovative student-led projects and industry-based training.
A GREAT LOCATION
The UNSW campus is ideally placed, close to Sydney’s CBD as well as its beautiful beaches. Excellent bus services with train links make the campus easily accessible for those living off-campus.